first question my son went to his general dentistry he was told he need a root canal and a crown. I had a second opinion done. the second general dentistry clean out his cavity before he had his root canal done. then she said he need a crown lengthing after that. the first dentist did not suggest cleaning out the cavity first. did is cause the crown lengthing to have to been done. Two general dentist told me i needed a crown. i went to get a third opinion she said she can tell me if i needed a crown until she clean out the cavity. i want to know if i can get my with another filling

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - March - 2010, at 20:39 PM

• If you need a root canal treatment then you have to go for crowning of tooth as after Root Canal treatment, the tooth becomes non vital and brittle. Though it can function normally but it can fracture and to prevent this crowning is done after Root Canal Treatment. Whether crown lenghthening is required or not depends on amount of tooth structure left. If the tooth stucture is sufficient after Root Canal, in which cleaning of the carious tooth is done. This your dentist can tell after clinical examination. For more info on Root Canal Treatment you can visit the following link on our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation