I have a white bump on gum line, top left side and it is right above my molar tooth on that side, it cause very little pain mostly uncomerfertable feeling, and when it does I pop it, and white puss and a little bit of blood but more puss than blood, and it smells horriable, than it heals, but than comes back and this happens over and over, for maybe about 4 or 5 months, is this a serious issue I need to go to a dentist and get fixed? And is a Abscessed tooth, or what is wrong with my gums?

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - October - 2011, at 23:45 PM

• Bump on gums can be because of gingival abscess. Gingival abscess can occur because of impaction of foreign objects such as brush bristles or food fragments in gums. It can also be because of chronic abscess in the molar tooth which can lead to white bump on the gums. Some irritant in relation to the gums can also lead to bump on gums. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. You can refer to your dentist to get the white bump diagnosed and treated. In case of gingival abscess, cause of abscess if present is removed. In case of gingival abscess, patient can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. Curettage may or may not be required. If it is because of chronic abscess, then root canal treatment may be required for the tooth and if it is because of some irritant in that area, then it is removed. For more info on gingival abscess, you can refer to following article.. http://www.identalhub.com/dental-causes-symptoms-and-treatment-of-gum-abscess-900.aspx

Free Dental Consultation