I pulled my tooth today (string and doorknob) one of the roots are still in my jaw. It's protruding above the gum line and is loose. Will it eventually come out or do I have to get it removed?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - January - 2012, at 01:17 AM

• Roots may appear to be loose but may be firmly embedded in extraction socket. It is advised to get the roots of tooth extracted from a dentist or oral surgeon. Roots above gum line can lead to infection, pain and other complications later on. Your dentist will numb you so that there is no pain and will remove the roots from socket. If there is no access to tooth, then surgical extraction may also be required. Dentist will further evaluate after extraction of roots that no part or fragment of tooth is left in extraction socket which can cause infection later on. It is not advised to pull the tooth out yourself. If tooth is infected and is beyond repair, then it needs to be removed by a dentist. If tooth is bleeding, then you can keep a gauze pack over it.  For detailed info on tooth extraction, visit……   http://www.identalhub.com/article_ways-of-tooth-extractions-150.aspx

Free Dental Consultation