im having fixed dentures.now i have a problem of bad breath in them what shoud i do how can i clean them because its fixed plz tel me

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 13 - October - 2011, at 02:45 AM

• To avoid bad breath, it is important that you maintain good oral hygiene. Use Interdental brush in the fixed denture area to remove all the plaque and calculus deposits from the mouth. Use an antimicrobial mouth wash which is a chemical adjunct to removal of food accumulates with mechanical method of brushing and flossing. If there is fixed partial denture present, then make sure to keep the rest of natural teeth also clean to avoid any bad breath. You are advised to brush twice regularly and floss your teeth. Rinse your mouth after taking meals.  Bad breath in fixed dentures can also be because of gum infection. If the gums are swollen around the dentures, then you can do warm saline rinses. If there is severe gum infection or abscess in the gums, then dental cleaning, root planning or gum surgeries may also be required.  Bad breath can also be because of deposits present on tongue so make sure to clean the tongue properly with tongue scrapper or a brush. Take more of fluids as less of saliva in mouth can cause bad odor from mouth. If the bad breath from fixed dentures persists even after following good oral hygiene measures, then consult your dentist. For more info on good oral hygiene, you can refer to following article….  http://www.identalhub.com/article_good-oral-hygiene-231.aspx

Free Dental Consultation