This has been going on for about a week now. It feels like my teeth are being pushed together, they're very sore. I get a sharp pain when I breath in through my mouth. Its only my bottom teeth, they feel better when I put pressure on them. I've had fillings, but nothing more. I don't know if it's part of the problem, but I'm 5 months pregnant.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - April - 2011, at 18:22 PM

• There are many causes of sore teeth. Basically it is the sensitivity which you are having. As in pregnancy there are lot of harmonal changes and it affects the gums also. Sometimes there is inflammation of the gums which is called as PREGNANCY GINGIVITIS, in which you can have sensitivity, pain in gums or can even have bleeding from gums. It can be due to some problem in the filling also but in that case a particular tooth is sore. For pregnancy gingivitis, maintain very good oral hygiene and you can use some desensitising tooth paste and can use some good antimicrobial mouthwash. You have to schedule an appointment with your dentist because sometimes deposits on teeth or some local factors can aggrevate the situation. You may need dental cleaning. For more info on dental problems in pregnancy you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/article_dental-problems-and-pregnancy-260.aspx

Free Dental Consultation