i am 30 yo and have noticed dramatic crowding and rotating of upper and lower teeth within last 4 months. i followed up with dentist numerous times in last few months for cleaning, consultations, wisdom teeth extraction, filling of a small cavity on molar tooth. numerous xrays taken and both general dentist and oral surgeon assure me that xrays show no signs of decay and gums healthy (despite previous heavyuse of narcotics). only concerrned about bone density and discussed cat scan but not enough evidence to justify it. concluded that i am just experiencing crowding of teeth cuz narrow jaw and is common in adults. xrays and exam show teeth are healthy and not going to fall out. however, consistenly feel an uncomfortable pressure like pain of teeth involved. found invisalign candidate and fitting scheduled next month. my question is..can "healthy" teeth just fall out or will they just shift? i consistently obsess bc every time i swallow or move tongue over teeth i feel wierd sensation. am i just being paranoid? or could there be an underlying cause?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - July - 2011, at 02:34 AM

• If the gums are healthy and there is no bone loss and the wisdom teeth are already pulled out as it is evident from xrays then you need not worry. The crowdking which are are experiencing can be due to small jaw size in relation to the size of teeth. So you need not worry. The healthy teeth donot fall out without any cause and they fallout only if there is trauma,bone loss or chronic gum disease. Just maintain good oral hygiene and take care of your teeth. If you are concerned about crowding then you can go for braces treatment. Adult orthodontics is very common these days and give good results. You are already scheduled for invisalign. So go ahead and get them. 30 years of age is too young age for teeth to fall out without any cause, if you are maintaining good oral hygiene and visiting your dentist regularly. For more info on invisalign you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-invisalign-braces-and-their-pros-and-cons-774.aspx

Free Dental Consultation