Help! I had an injury to the gum on Thursday night. It hurt a lot a bleed and I could see the tooth under one of my crowns. I went to an emergency dentist on Friday cause I'm up at school and they took the crown that was causing the pain off, left the one in front of it. Now the gums in that area are whit. I'm not having pain at all with it since they took the crown off. What does that mean, is it healing and growing back or is something else wrong, I can still see some of the tooth under the front crown?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - January - 2012, at 01:48 AM

• Injury to the gums must have caused bleeding and swelling of the gums. Crown around swollen gums must have aggravated the pain. For pain relief, your dentist must have removed the dental crowns. White gums which are not causing any pain can be there because of healing. For faster healing of gums, you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. Keep that area clean to avoid any secondary infections. Gums will heal completely in some time. If tooth under dental crown is visible, then dental crown may needs to be replaced. For more info on problems after crown placement, refer to……   http://www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-crown-placement-272.aspx

Free Dental Consultation