I got a root canal about a month ago. Before I had my root canal my tooth was sensitive to cold and hot, it was painful to chew with. The dentist used a temporary filling. It has been bothering me ever since...is this normal? My dentist has been using laser treatment on my tooth which has made it a great deal better but it still feels uncomfortable when I chew on it. I still have my temporary filling in and my next visit to my dentist he want to put the permanent filling in...Is it normal for me to still be experiencing uncomfort?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 19 - May - 2010, at 19:39 PM

• After root canal treatment the tooth can be painful for 2 to 3 days but there should be no senstivity as in root canal treatment the vital part of the tooth that is the pulp tissue which has all the nerve and the blood supply is removed. In 2 to 3 days the tooth settles down and then there should be no pain even while chewing. There is a possibility that some infection is left or the tooth is taking more time to recover. Do get the Xray done before or take a second opinion. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link on our web site.....www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-root-canal-therapy-rct-295.aspx

Free Dental Consultation