Three years ago I had a partial root canal and didnt have the money to get it completed. The hole has been filled since maybe a year ago. Now I can no longer get food out of the whole in the tooth and two days ago have developed a bump on my outer gum line over the tooth. I cant get to a dentist until Tuesday, any suggesstions or remedies to stop the pain or can u tell me what the bump is possibly?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - November - 2010, at 20:31 PM

• The bump is there beause of the infected tooth. it is the infection in the tooth and the bump is called as the intraoral sinus. As you never got the treatment completed the food particles and the bacteria they kept seeping in causing the infection in the tooth., You have to get the root canal treatment completed tll then try to keep that area clean and do warm saine rinses 2 to 3 times a day. For pain you can take any pain killer till you see the dentist. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link on our website.....www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-root-canal-therapy-rct-295.aspx

Free Dental Consultation