Hello, 3 days ago I had my first fillings done. It was a cavity between two upper teeth (5/6th from the center). It was filled around the edges with white filling / white UV light and some kind of clamp was put between both tooth. One tooth felt pretty good right away, but the most far one has been giving me a sharp stinging pain (1 sec or less) when eighter put pressure on it by biting, floss around the tooth, chew food around that area, curl my upper lip around my teeth or press/chew on the center of that tooth with a toothpick... The pain is located right inside/above the tooth in question. This has not been any different since the first day and is forcing me to eat food in one side of my mouth... Should I consult my dentist about this or wait more days to see what happends? What could be causing this pain?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - April - 2011, at 19:50 PM

• You can wait for another week . if it does not subside then you can visit your dentist. Some times the filling is deep and the tooth takes time to recover. It may be the case with your tooth also.The front one may be less deep than the back one and it may be causing problem. If it does not subside then it can be that there is some gap in the tooth and the filling. But most likely cause is that tooth is taking some time to recover. for more info on dental fillings you can visit the following link.... www.identalhub.com/article_advantages-and-disadvantages-of-composites-42.aspx

Free Dental Consultation