i had a tooth in front of my mouth and it break i what to put a filling or replace it its possible

Leave Comment

• cheema

cheema 18 - December - 2011, at 11:20 AM

• You have provided very goofd info in your web page. I had 2 tooths which has been extracted. In both cases I believe these could have been saved by a good dentist. One developed a big hole on side near gumms. (which i think should have been filled). The other was bleeding very slowly again from back. The dentist either did not tell me or did not see it. From X-rays it showed half the bone underneath contracted. No pain in it, live nerve/blood vessel. It was next to wisdom tooth which was removed.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - December - 2011, at 04:01 AM

• Treatment for broken front tooth depends on amount of tooth structure which is broken. If only a small portion of tooth structure is fractured, then it can be restored with composite filling which is tooth colored, esthetic filling material. Lumineers or veneers can also be given if only a small portion of tooth is fractured. If much of tooth structure has broken and involved the pulp, then root canal treatment followed by dental crown will be required for treatment. If the tooth is badly mutilated, then root canal procedure followed by post and core procedure and dental crown is required. Porcelain dental crowns are mostly given for front teeth which are very esthetic. Porcelain dental crowns are bit expensive and if patient has cost constrains, then he can get porcelain fused to metal dental crowns (PFM) which are also tooth colored but not as esthetic as porcelain dental crowns. If there is vertical crack line present on the tooth or in case of fracture line on cervical portion of tooth, tooth extraction may also be required. If prognosis of tooth is poor and tooth extraction is required, then the missing tooth can be replaced with dental implants or dental bridges. Dental implants are best option for replacement of missing teeth. You can’t put a filling or replace it yourself. You need to visit your dentist to get treatment done. For more info on how chipped tooth is fixed by the dentist, refer to….   http://www.identalhub.com/article_how-chipped-tooth--is--fixed-by-dentist-790.aspx

Free Dental Consultation