Over a year ago I had several fillings and a root canal done. All of the fillings and the crown were the metal type because it was cheap and I have little money. They have been doing fine up until now, and suddenly they started hurting. They are fine when I bite or chew, but there is a dull painful sensation otherwise. This came on pretty much overnight, and as I have been using my computer alot these pass few days for school applications, my mom suggested that I might be picking up electro magnetic waves from my computer, causeing me pain. Is this possible?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - June - 2011, at 08:42 AM

• It looks like that you have developed some gum problem along with crowns and fillings because if it tooth infection causing pain then you should have pain while biting also but you only have dull pain which can be only because of some gum infection. This infection can be due food impaction or poor fitting of crowns or poor oral hygiene. Now for treatment you have to visit dentist who will do clinical exam and find out exact cause. If it is due to gum infection, then he will do proper scaling and cleaning and do the needful for crowns and fillings. So to take care of your gums you should keep good oral hygiene. For more info on good oral hygiene you can read these article.. www.identalhub.com/dental-right-dental-care-products-for-oral-hygiene-578.aspx

Free Dental Consultation