yesterday i had a temp crown put on my molar my tongue was sore last night and when i tried to eat it stung. now today i have a greyish sore on the side of my tongue toward the front

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 16 - November - 2011, at 23:39 PM

• There might be sharp point on temporary crown or there might be problem in the bite of temporary dental crown which caused soreness of tongue. If temporary dental crown is quite bulky on side of tongue or in case of gap between margin of temporary dental crown and tooth, soreness of tongue can occur. You can visit your dentist to get your temporary dental crown corrected. Permanent dental crown is given after 2-3 weeks after giving temporary dental crown so if your temporary dental crown is irritating you or is causing any problem, then get it corrected. Your dentist will either do selective grinding or will give you a new temporary dental crown. By that time, you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. Applying orajel over tongue may also provide some temporary relief. For more info on problem after temporary dental crown, refer to…   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-is-temporary-dental-crown-899.aspx

Free Dental Consultation