my top left canine tooth is a baby tooth and it still hasn't fallen out and i am already 20 years old. i was wondering if my adult tooth will ever grown in since theres no sign of it growing. my top right canine tooth is an adult tooth but it just grew half way and it has been over 1 year and it doesnt grow anymore. please help

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - March - 2011, at 20:11 PM

• If at the age of 20 years you still have a baby canine tooth that means either the adult canine tooth is impacted or it is missing. You have visit a dentist and get xray done. If it is missing then it will not grow and you have to go for artificial tooth when the baby tooth falls off. The artificial tooth can be an implant or fixed bridge but it is present and impacted then at this age it will not grow itself. You have to get it out by getting the braces where first surgery is done to expose the impacted adult canine and then putting bracket on that it is pulled out to bring it in alignment with other teeth with orthdontic forces. The treatment plan will be decided after seeing the position of impacted adult canine. For more info artificial teeth options you can read this article....

Free Dental Consultation