I'm sick all of the time. My dentist already identified the problem, but said I could wait. The two options to fix it don't appeal to me at all. I just want the tooth pulled, but I understand the problem with the empty space. My teeth moved dramatically whenmy wisdom teeth moved in after I had braces. I would like to straighted my teeth anyway. Would this help with the space issue?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - January - 2012, at 00:04 AM

• Infection still left in tooth after root canal treatment or poor case selection can lead to failure of root canal treatment. Curved or missed canal, resistant bacteria in root canal, overfilling, fracture of tooth can lead to root canal failure. In case of failure of root canal treatment, root canal re-treatment or Apicoectomy procedure is done. If prognosis of tooth is poor after root canal treatment, then  tooth is removed. If tooth is removed, then it needs to be replaced with either dental implants or dental bridge. Dental implants are the best option for replacement of missing teeth. If missing tooth is not replaced, then it can lead to misalignment of other teeth and can lead to supraeruption of tooth of opposing dental arch. It can further lead to various periodontal complications. If there is crowding of dental arch, then space may be gained by extraction of failed root canal treated tooth and to straighten the teeth, braces can be given. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to comment. You can discuss with your dentist about treatment plan. For more info on root canal failure, refer to……   http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-if-root-canal-treatment-fails-303.aspx

Free Dental Consultation