I have a large filling in my back molar. yesterday part of the tooth chiped off. Should i be worried? I don't currently have dental insurance but will starting in a few weeks. Can I wait to have it looked at? it doesn't hurt but I dont want it to get worse. Thanks!

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - July - 2010, at 19:51 PM

• Yes, definitely you should be concerned as because of the chiped part the tooth can get infected even though it is not paining right now. Already you have mentioned that the tooth has large filling and if part of it is chipped then the tooth becomes quite weak and it can fracture also. You sould visit the dentist ASAP and get the chipped part built so that it does not get infected . The other alternative is to get the crown but for that dentist has to evaluate the tooth and right now you do not have the insurance so the least you can do is to get the chipped part rebuilt with the composite. For more info on composite restorative material you can visit the following link on our website......http://www.identalhub.com/article_indications-and-procedures-for-compsites-43.aspx

Free Dental Consultation