I am 23 years old and have always had great teeth other than having braces when I was younger. I broke a tooth though a year or so ago while eating and it became absessed so I went to the dentist to get it pulled. He gave me news that I did NOT expect to hear. He said my front teeth were great but that my back ones were all bad and I needed to have 12 teeth pulled and get partial plates for top and bottom! I was floored! He showed me 2 different types of partials. One was the metal kind & the other was plastic or acrylic or something. It was flexible. He told me that I did not need to get the metal kind. He said the metal ones were cheaper and would be around 800 dollars but the other ones would cost me 3600.00. But from what I've gotten from everyone else Metal is the way to go because you can't break them near as easy and you can have them adjusted. I really don't want to spend 3600.00 on something that will break & I can't get adjusted. Which is the best way to go? please help!!!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - June - 2011, at 20:11 PM

• I think you shoud go to another dentist and take second opinion as it is very weird to have 12 teeth needing pull out all of sudden without any problems and that too at 23 years age. If this is case then you should not go for partials and go for implants as implants are best option. As far as partials are concerned cast metal partial dentures are also good but flexible acrylic dentures are also option. Flexible acrylic dentures donot break easily and easy to adjust but with metal partial dentures you have less of framework as compared to acrylic partials ie in case of acrylics the plate is quite big as compared to metal ones. For more info on dentures you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/article_options-available-for-dentures--265.aspx

Free Dental Consultation