am 25 years old and am planning to wear braces for my tooth... the gaps between the teeth s have widened... So can i wear braces now...i have heard upto only a particular age tooth allignments can be modified...can i reduce my tooth gaps at tis age???

Leave Comment

Comments

• Stu

Stu 02 - September - 2010, at 17:32 PM

• I'm in a similar position. I'm 39 and have always been self-conscious about the way my teeth look. The truth is that they're really not too bad, but I would certainly like for them to be perfect. I never saw an orthodontist as a kid (again, my teeth weren't that bad, and finances were a little tight for my parents). Anyway, I'm thinking about taking the plunge and seeing an orthodontist. However, the thought of wearing braces actually isn't as embarrassing to me as the notion that I'm doing this purely for vanity. I'm torn...

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - August - 2010, at 22:54 PM

• Braces would likely make anyone over the age of 18 feel self conscious, but it is you who has to decide whether you want your teeth to be perfect or not. you just need not to worry , go for the treatment, you will be able to get 60% result according to your age because as our age increase changes in the body comparitively decrease as compared to teenagers, but definitely today treatments are too advance and you are likely to get good results.

• sam

sam 31 - August - 2010, at 22:46 PM

• Hi, There is a gap between my upper and lower jaws due to which I have to undergo a braces treatment, I am 26 years old, and feeling bit conscious about it as the time period for treatment will increase, I want to know if I could get the 100% result.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - June - 2010, at 18:35 PM

• yes, you can easily go for braces treatment at the age of 25. It is called adult orthodontics. If you get the treatment done in young age may be the time period decreases and after wards the retention period also decreases but with increased age the treatment time and the retention period increases. But the treatment can be easily done. You can go for the braces treatment and get the gaps closed. For more info on braces you can visit the following link on our web site....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-should-adults-go-for-braces-treatment-617.aspx

Free Dental Consultation