I have some cavities on my front teeth and my gums bleed when i brush. i also have a pretty deep cavity on a lowewr jaw tooth..i havent been to the dentist in almost 6 years

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - December - 2011, at 04:16 AM

• If you have cavities in your teeth, then you have to get them restored. Initially dental cavities cause no symptoms but after some time, they cause sensitivity to cold and hot food stuffs and then pain. If you have cavities in your front teeth, then you can get it restored with composite filling material which are tooth colored esthetic filling materials. If cavity in lower jaw tooth is deep and has exposed the pulp, then root canal treatment will  be required. In case of untreated tooth decay which has involved the pulp, RCT is done to remove the infection from tooth followed by dental crown to provide strength to the tooth. You have to get your cavities restored before they deepen further and cause complications. Bleeding on brushing is a symptom of gingivitis. Plaque and calculus deposits in relation to teeth due to poor oral hygiene cause gingivitis. Deficiency of vitamin C can also lead to bleeding on brushing. To avoid bleeding on brushing and dental caries, it is important that you maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly. You can also use a mouth wash which is a chemical adjunct to plaque removal. If the gums are swollen, then you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. Dental scaling may also be required. Visit your dentist to get dental restorations done. For detailed info on dental caries, refer to….   http://www.identalhub.com/article_causes-and-symptoms-of-dental-caries-229.aspx

Free Dental Consultation