My kid 11 years. We went to the dentist she had an x-ray and cleaned teeth. Then found or saw cavity in teeth and want to do filling. I heard from a dentist that proper cleaning and fluoride tooth wash can have cavities go away. I think for a child it will fill up by time if child uses better toothpaste, clean and use fluoride tooth wash. Please suggest what to do. The concern is in such young age having a filling is good or not, I don't want child becoming a regular customer. Question is Can I avoid filling of my child's teeth, if yes how?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - June - 2010, at 19:45 PM

• If the proper cavity is there like discoloration and the catch point is there then you have to get the filling done. In such cases the fluoride or the tooth paste can not reverse the process but if the lesion is incipient ike only white opaque lesion is there but no catch point then by using fluoridated tooth paste and maintaining good oral hygeine can reverse the process. For more info on dental caries you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-causes-dental-caries-144.aspxwww.identalhub.com/article_what-causes-dental-caries-144.aspx

Free Dental Consultation