went to er sunday and got anti biotics now my face is swollen and my eye is almost swollen shut i believe the puss sack has busted on my gums and it tastes really bad i have gargled with salt water i have no insurance and no money what should i do

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - September - 2011, at 04:16 AM

• Swelling and discomfort is because of infection in the tooth. You need to get treatment done for the tooth. You can take antibiotics to reduce the infection but only antibiotics will not serve any purpose. Drainage of abscess should also be done.  You need to get root canal treatment done for your infected tooth followed by capping. In case of root canal procedure, the nerve which is responsible for pain and infection is removed and is replaced by a filling material. You can continue with the warm saline rinses as of now which will provide some relief. Take more of fluids and rest. You need to visit a dentist to get the treatment done before the infection becomes more severe. If you have cost constrains, then you can approach any of the dental schools near your place where treatment provided is cheap. For more info on abscessed tooth, you can refer to the following article…     http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-abscessed-tooth-204.aspx

Free Dental Consultation