i was on an airplane for 1.5 hours, woke up about an hou in with indescribably unbearable tooth pain in my upper right molar. it has been persistent for the last three hours and i have tried advil, excedrin, and swishing warm water around in my teeth. what is wrong with me and what can i do to treat it?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - April - 2011, at 20:01 PM

• Your molar may be infected becauseof decay or it may be having previous filling which is deep.In the air plane because of the pressure difference some times the pain is triggered if there is some infection or even if you have some sinus problem. If the pain is because of sinus problem then normaly it goes when the plane lands and the pressure difference is not there and it is not vey acute but if it is becuse of infected tooth then it is very acute. So along with the pain killers you may be needing antibiotcs and for that you have to visit the dentist who after taking detailed history and clinical examination will give you the treatment. For more info on home remedies for dental pain you can visit the following link...www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-home-remedies-for-dental-pain-41.aspx

Free Dental Consultation