Hi My lower left canine tooth was extracted And i had an orthodontic treatment done,all The gaps have been closed but my bite is not Aligned,my first premolar has replaced the lower Missing Canine,my lower teeth are arranged In this order from right lower canine,right laterral Incisors,central incisors,left laterral insicor and 1st Pre molar and second premolar,my question is can The 1 first premolar be extracted and replaced By a canine implant to create a balanced bite?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - October - 2011, at 05:03 AM

• The first premolar which is filling the space of canine need not be extracted to align the bite. The pre molar can be given the shape of canine by doing selective grinding by dentist.  This will align the bite. if you go for premolar extraction and go for canine implant then that will also have the same impact. so you can talk to your orthodontist and discuss the treatment plan. As all your teeth are in alignment and gaps are closed, so in my opinion there will not be any problem in adjusting the bite. For more info on braces you can browse these articles.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-braces-21.aspx

Free Dental Consultation