i am feeling severe malodor from the mouth since 1month, i had alot of calculus on my lower incisors and i got them scaling done and extracted due to there mobility. but still the malodor is present and it is making me handicap from having hot food and drink. some bad smell comes from the nose when ever i eat something. please help me with the issue and possible treatment measures, and preventive measures

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - July - 2011, at 09:52 AM

• Malodor which is called halitosis, in your case is due to bad oral hygiene as you have mobile teeth and lot of calculus. You got the front teeth removed but the bad oral hygiene and calculus deposits in the back teeth may have caused some gum infection and hence the bad odor. For this you have to maintain very good oral hygiene and use good anti microbial mouthwash. You can use warm saline rinses also 2-3 times a day. After doing warm saline rinses, you can massage your gums with some good gum paint available otc. Donot forget to floss and also clean the tongue regularly as deposits on tongue are one of major cause of halitosis. For more info on bad breath you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_prevention-and-remedies-of-bad-breath-18.aspx

Free Dental Consultation