I'm 16 and I have an impacted incisor tooth. My dentist have been trying to pull it down with a traction chain for two years already but it keeps falling off. No improvement. It's still lying under my gums. I don't know why. When I speak, it just falls off. It doesn't even last a minute to hold onto my gums because right after the dentist have attached it, it falls off. Why is it so? I need my teeth to improve because I'm already going to college. Please I need your help.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - January - 2011, at 20:22 PM

• Normally the impacted incisoris pulled out with the traction chain but first of all it is surgically exposed. If the traction chain is falling out then that means either the tooth is not properly exposed or direction of the chani is not proper. I think in your case the dentist has to expose the tooth more and put the chan properly because wth out putting the force it is not going to come out.Once it is exposed in the ooral cavty it can be aligned properly with the braces treatment. For more info on braces treatment you can visit the following link.....www.identalhub.com/article_how-do-braces-work-419.aspx

Free Dental Consultation