I have not taken care of my teeth over the years and now I am in a position where I need them fixed. I just went to the dentist and was told that i needed 3 extractions 2 root canals and 14 fillings. Of those fillings 4 are on the front of my top middle 4 teeth. My question is that would it be better and or cheaper to get veneers on these 4 teeth? Also am I out of line to ask my dentist to fix these four teeth first?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - January - 2012, at 01:46 AM

• When decay reaches dentin, then filling is done and when infection reaches dental pulp, then root canal treatment is done. When teeth become unrestorable, then teeth extraction is done. For front decayed teeth, tooth can be restored with filling or you can get dental veneers for them. You can get the tooth filled with composite filling material which is tooth colored, esthetic filling material. Dental veneers are thin wafer shields placed on teeth and are made of composites or porcelain. For stains, blemishes, yellow uneven teeth or worn enamel or gapped teeth, dental veneers are given. If decay is small, then tooth can be restored with composite filling and if decay is large, then dental filling may fall off again and again and in such case, dental veneers will be more cost effective in long run. You can firstly get treatment done for the teeth which are causing pain and other problems. If your front teeth are your main concern, then you can first get dental treatment done for front teeth. For more info on veneers, refer to…..   http://www.identalhub.com/article_porcelain-veneers-356.aspx

Free Dental Consultation