When I was a teenager, I knocked my two front teeth out of my mouth; the root and all. The dentist shoved them back in, put on a brace, and later performed two root canals. I never had posts and crowns put on them. Right now, one is higher than the other and there's yellow discoloration on one of them. I'm currently unemployed, have no insurance, and am limited on money. Is there any way I can have a dentist check to see what can be done to straighten them up so I can feel better about myself without it costing an arm and a leg? A free consultation would be nice, but are those even real? And what could the cost expectancy be for something like this? I'm afraid he/she will want to do the whole post & crown and that I know will be a lot of money; money I don't have. I'd prefer just a cosmetic bonding to be placed over the two and shaped to create a consistent look until I can afford a more permanent form of treatment. Am I being realistic? Thanks for helping me out. Shannon

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - February - 2011, at 09:35 AM

• There are many options available for your front teeth. These are crowns or Veneers. In veneers you can go for composite veneers or procelain veneers. The cheapest of all this is going for composite veneers in which directly the dentist puts the composite on the affected teeth. But this is not very permanent as with time the composite may chip off. The permanent of all will be going for crowns. Their life is long and can last upto 10 years and they are more aesthetic looking. If you want the free consultation you can visit some dental school where the treatment is also very cheap. For more info on cosmetic dentistry you can visit the following link......www.identalhub.com/dental-cosmetic-makeover-options-for-front-teeth--597.aspx

Free Dental Consultation