I have a couple teeth that are rotting... and lately i have been feeling very tired and my breath smells so badly! I am not in pain but i know there is definatly infection. I feel like there is a lump in my throat of puss or something. I dont have dental coverage anymore and i was wondering until i can figure out my dental coverage situation will the doxycycline the urgent care gave me help with the infection in my mouth and or throat? Thanks

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - July - 2012, at 23:56 PM

• Janice tooth decay is a multifactorial disease and occurs due to a couple of factors like eating too much of sugary n sticky stuff like chocolates ,toffees ,chips,aerated drinks etc n having these too frequently. You can easily prevent tooth decay by brushing n flossing your teeth regularly ,visiting the dentist for regular cleaning n checkups and avoiding foods that are high in sugars.

• miss tan

miss tan 29 - June - 2012, at 10:08 AM

• hi doctor...i would like to get advise from you regarding the problems i faced since many years..i do floss after my meals and brush my teeth 2-3 times per days ..and yet my teeth is decay very often..what can i do? =*(

• miss tan

miss tan 10 - June - 2012, at 09:16 AM

• hi doctor...i would like to get advise from you regarding the problems i faced since many years..i do floss after my meals and brush my teeth 2-3 times per days ..and yet my teeth is decay very often..what can i do? =*(

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - January - 2011, at 20:04 PM

• From your symptoms it looks like you have infected teeth. You have to go to the dentist to get it diagnosed. If you donot have any dental insurance, you can go to some dental school where the treatment is cheap. Without diagnosis, you should not take any medicine and as such also, self medication is not good for infections. You can take pain killers but not anitbiotics. Different types of dental treatments have different treatment plans and medicines. You should try to maintain good oral hygeien if you have bad breath. You can use some good antimicrobial mouthwash and can do wam saline rinses 2-3 times a day. This will help but again you have to visit a dentist. For more info on home remedies for dental problems you can check this article on our website... www.identalhub.com/article_home-remedies-for-dental-problems-88.aspx

Free Dental Consultation