Good morning, Hello my name is Shelby Vick. I reside in the Bronx. Mother of 2 age 31. I came across your ad over the years and never thought I would ever have to use your services. My parents put braces on my teeth back when I was 11 yrs old. my teeth were perfect. After a few years they were removed and I was given retainers which I never wore. As the years went by I had two wisdom teeth removed and as a result my teeth shifted leaving me with a gap. I chipped my front and my dentist at the time shaved it down and placed a temporary crown over it. Its been so many years I don't remember. The crown is now yellow and now I have buck teeth. I am embarrassed at my smile. I love to laugh and always keep my mouth slightly closed or cover it with my hand in embarrassment someone will see my teeth. I am engaged and wont marry until I have a smile I am proud of. My teeth are yellow as a lack of caring. I believe my problem are the first three teeth in front. I work and have a dental coverage threw my employer but I know I will need to foot the rest of the bill. I have become extremely insecure. I come from a large family and out of everyone I am the only one with the bad teeth. Can you help me?

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 09 - November - 2011, at 00:43 AM

  • You are supposed to wear retainers after dental braces treatment otherwise it can lead to relapse of dental treatment. You didn’t wear retainers after braces treatment which would have lead to gaps between teeth. If your front tooth was chipped off, then you should have got a permanent dental crown after temporary dental crown. You need to get dental treatment done to correct the buck teeth and for smile makeover. If you have gaps between teeth and buck teeth present, then you require braces treatment to correct it. Braces treatment can be given at age of 30-40 years too. You can opt for ceramic dental braces which are not that visible from distance. If you don’t want to have metallic teeth, then you can get invisaligns which are transparent, removable aligners. Cosmetic procedures like dental crowns, lumineers or veneers can also be given to correct the alignment of teeth. Braces or invisaligns will be given to you for 18-24 months whereas cosmetic procedures take lesser time than braces or invisaligns. You can get a permanent dental crown for your chipped tooth. You can get porcelain dental crown for front tooth which are esthetic but are bit expensive. Porcelain fused to metal dental crowns can also be given for front teeth but they are not as esthetic as porcelain dental crowns. For the front discolored teeth, you can get professional teeth whitening done or can get a smile makeover done by getting dental lumineers, veneers or dental crowns. You can get smile makeover procedure done from a cosmetic dentist. If only your front teeth are bucked and discolored, then you can simply get dental crowns on these teeth to correct them. If all teeth are bucked and have gaps, then you require braces treatment.  You can discuss with your dentist about various treatment options. Maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly to avoid discoloration of teeth. For more info on cosmetic dentistry, refer to…

Free Dental Consultation