I was just eating and I felt a lump inside my mouth. It is a white bubble on my gum on the left side of my mouth around my back teeth. I gargled with salt water. What should I do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - December - 2011, at 02:16 AM

• Lump on gums can be because of canker sores or it can be because of gum abscess. Infected tooth can also lead to pus drain on gums. If it is a canker sore, then it will heal in 10-14 days on its own. Canker sores are self limiting. If it is paining, then orajel can be applied over it and you can continue with warm saline rinses to avoid any secondary infections. Gum abscess can occur because of some sharp food stuff impinging on gums or because of impaction of some foreign object. For treatment of gum abscess, cause of gum abscess is removed and drainage can be established by warm saline rinses. Dental cleaning or curettage may also be required. If lump on gums is because of infected tooth, then root canal treatment of infected tooth is required. If it persists beyond 2 weeks, then visit your dentist for evaluation. By that time, continue with warm saline rinses. For more info on canker sores, refer to….   http://www.identalhub.com/article_canker-sore-234.aspx

Free Dental Consultation