Hello, I am 18 years old. And when I got my permanent teeth, I got an extra growth on the teeth. I link for the photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/62761685@N03/5712466480/in/photostream/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/62761685@N03/5712466542/in/photostream/ Can i get this extra growth removed? and if i get it removed, will it affect my enamel? and will my insurance cover this? Thank you Siddhartha

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 12 - May - 2011, at 19:03 PM

  • From photo it is not clear whether this tooth is fused with your front tooth or it is separate. If it is separate tooth then it is called as supernumery tooth or mesiodens and treatment for that is to get it extracted. They donot affect the enamel but if it is fused with tooth then it cannot be pulled out then you have to go for reshaping of the tooth. So you have to go to a dentist and get xray done to find out the exact position whether it is interfering with front teeth or not. For coverage of insurance it depends on plan and you have to check with your dentist whether it will be covered or not but usually it is covered. For more info on supernumery teeth you can read this article.... www.identalhub.com/dental-causes-and-treatment-of-supernumerary-teeth-740.aspx

Free Dental Consultation