hi i want ur help as i have bad tooth they are dis colured and are in dark yellow now i want to knw wht shud i do how can ths stains can be removed and i get whte tooth as thy are dark and i have tred hydroxide peroxide bt useless kindly tell me can this stains be removed if yes then how if not thn wht shud do if u need picture of my teeth can send you but gude me please

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - September - 2011, at 04:31 AM

• There are 2 types of stains on teeth. There are intrinsic stains and extrinsic stains on the teeth. Extrinsic stains are due to poor oral hygiene or certain food stuffs and intrinsic stains are because of heredity or systemic factors or some medicaments.  For the extrinsic stains, apart from brushing and flossing, you can go for professional teeth whitening. Professional tooth whitening is the fastest and safest way to make teeth white. In this, bleaching gel is used. Home bleaching method can also be used to make teeth white.   Apart from that, you can also use crest whitening strips or can try home remedies like baking soda, peroxide, lemon peels, orange peels to remove stains and for making teeth bit whiter. If there are intrinsic stains present, then you can opt for lunineers, veneers or crowns for it. Without clinical examination, we can’t say whether there are extrinsic or intrinsic stains present on the teeth. You need to refer to your dentist for this and get necessary treatment done.  For more info on popular teeth whitening options, you can refer to the following article….  http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-are-popular-teeth-whitening-options-595.aspx

Free Dental Consultation