I have veneers on my upper 4 front teeth to fix a gap between the front 2 teeth placed 11/1995. I have an overbite and was wondering if I could get braces to fix this problem? What is your opinion on what type of braces to use (braces applied to the front of the teeth and braces applied to the backs of teeth). Do you think invisiline would be a good option? I haven't had any problems with my veneers and don't want to take a chance on damaging them. My overbite does bother me. Thank you for your advice on this problem.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 14 - January - 2012, at 04:07 AM

  • To correct overbite, you can get dental braces. Dental braces can be given on veneers but they may get damaged when they are taken off. Metallic, ceramic or lingual dental braces can be given. Lingual braces can be fitted on inside surface of teeth and same results can be obtained as metallic or ceramic dental braces. Lingual dental braces can’t be seen and are effective in case of deep overbite. You can also get invisaligns which are clear, removable aligners. Duration of treatment of dental braces or invisaligns is 18-24 months. You might have to consider for new veneers as part of overall treatment plan. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to comment. You can visit an orthodontist for definite treatment plan. For more info on how do dental braces work, refer to…..    http://www.identalhub.com/article_how-do-braces-work-419.aspx

Free Dental Consultation