I have a wisdom tooth coming in, it's been bothering me for about a week now. I've been told by a dentist that I already had too many teeth before the wisdom started coming in. The whole left side of my face and neck is swollen, my throat, ear, and head have also been hurting horribly. I've been taking Tylenol 3, tried every OTC numbing medicine I could find, oragel mouthwash, saltwater, ad nothing seems to help. Now I'm having nausea also, I was wondering if maybe it could be infection. I can't go to the dentist right now, because I don't have insurance.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - October - 2011, at 22:38 PM

• It looks like you have an impacted wisdom tooth which needs to be pulled out.As yo have pain and swelling in relation t that tooth that means the tooth is infected . For this you have to take the antibiotics as no amount of pain killers or local applicaion is going to give you any relief. You have to get antibotics prescribed and for that you have to visit your dentist. If you donot have any insurance then you can try some dental school and once infection is subsided then you can get the tooth pulled out. For more info on wisdom tooth you can read this article.. http://www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation