My wisdom teeth on bottom are fine, they are only partially way through but they are healthy and not a problem with my bite or anything so I don't want them pulled. The ones on the top thought are broken and decaying, one is painful, the other is not. Do you think it is possible to have some type of restoration or capping/filling could be done to avoid them from being pulled? We can't afford for my husband to take that much time off of work so I could get the pulling done. So I need some options to think about until I can get to a dentist that accept Share of Cost medicaid in my area.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - December - 2010, at 19:59 PM

• The restoration of upper decayed wisdom teeth depends upon the extent of decay and the anatomy of the tooth. If after taking the xrays, the dentist finds that the anatomy of the decayed wisdom tooth is normal and it is restorable then he may restore it. Restoration of wisdom tooth is difficult as the access is the problem and as they teeth are not used for mastication of food, it is not advisable to restore them. But if you want to wait then you can ask your dentist to restore it if possible. For more info on wisdom tooth, you can browse different topics from the following link in our website....www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-wisdom-teeth-47.aspx

Free Dental Consultation