Hi there, I went to BUTH Ogbomso for mouth washing, while the dentist was working on my teeth, my gum had a cut I was expecting it to heal up within 2week but it is 4months now that it is red and sometime bleed when I,m brushing and flossing. what can I do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - August - 2011, at 00:05 AM

• The cut on gums usually heal in few days and don’t take too long to heal.  It may be taking too long to heal because of some systemic factor or some local irritating factor or some kind of infection in that area which is not allowing healing to take place in that area. You might be brushing too hard in that area that’s why the healing is not taking place. Don’t take this lightly and consult your dentist for this asap. Till you visit your dentist, you can do warm saline rinses for the cuts to heal or can take vitamin B –complex and C supplements for healing to occur.  Maintain a good oral hygiene and don’t irritate the cut area too much by brushing or flossing too hard on it. For more info on maintaining good oral hygiene, you can refer to the following article…http://www.identalhub.com/article_good-oral-hygiene-231.aspx

Free Dental Consultation