Hi. I am on disability for clinical depression. During my bout with depression I was totally disfunctional. I would go weeks on end without brushing my teeth for a couple years and the meds they had me on caused me to grind my teeth constantly causing irregularities. My question is: Is there something like veneers or lumineers that I can get to make my teeth better? I'm only 45 and really don't want to wear dentures. And the other problem is, I only have medicaid since I'm on disability. Could you please email me with any alternatives besides dentures that Medicaid will cover? Thank you very much.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 17 - May - 2011, at 20:00 PM

  • You can go for Lumineers, veneers or crowns but with that you have to really maintain good oral hygiene and if you are grinding the teeth then they are not very successsful as they can wear off. For that you have wear night guard. First you have visit a dentist to get your teeth evaluated for  veneers or lumineers because it is difficult to comment without clinical exam. Veneers and Lumineers are not covered in Medicaid as they come in cosmetic dentistry. Further dental crowns are sometime covered but depends on state to state. You have to really check with your dentist and also prior approval is needed. If it is covered in Medicaid then also it is basic one and not of very higher specification. For more info on veneers and crowns you can read this article.... www.identalhub.com/dental-difference-of-dental-veneers-crowns-and-bridges--576.aspx

Free Dental Consultation