About 6 years ago I started wearing something called teeth gap bands that are sold on the internet. I wore them for far too long and far too much. Now a portion of my roots are exposed,and my two front teeth are loose. I was thinking about having them extracted and getting a partial denture to replace them. Do you think this would be the best bet? Can you think of any other options?

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - August - 2011, at 00:55 AM

• Why do you want to get your natural teeth extracted and get it replaced by a partial denture? This is the last thing your dentist would recommend. If the roots of your front teeth are exposed and they are causing sensitivity, then you can use some desensitizing tooth paste for that or get a filling done there. The sensitivity will reside. To secure the tooth, splinting can be done which will avoid loosening. In splinting, a thin wire is used to add more strength and support to the tooth. You have to make sure that you maintain good oral hygiene to avoid gum problems which can aggravate the mobility of teeth. The best advice can be given by your dentist. After clinical and radiographic examination and assessing the amount of bone loss, he can tell you whether the teeth can be saved or not. If the teeth are to be extracted, then get them replaced with implants or get fixed partial dentures for that. For more info on remedies for loose tooth, u can refer to the following article.....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-remedies-for-loose-tooth-524.aspx

Free Dental Consultation