My 10 year old daughter broke her 2 upper teeth. The dentist bonded them with composite.I was wondering if being so young her teeth could level out themselves with no cosmetic fillings although the fracture isn't small.It's an arch shape,yet the nerve wasn't affected. I also wanted to know if filing them short would be a solution. How short could the front teeth be?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - December - 2010, at 19:59 PM

• No, the teeth will not level out themselves as you mentioned that the fracture is not small. The teeth do not keep on growing. If the dentist try to level them out he will grind the outer layer that is enamel exposing the inner layer that is the dentine. The dentine is sensitive to hot and cold sensation as it is vital and have the nerve endings. Filling them short will protect the filling as the teeth will not come into occlusion, but you cannot fill them very short as the thichness of enamel on the incisal edge is 1 to 1.5 mm.For more info on cosmetic options for the front teeth you can visit the folowing link... www.identalhub.com/dental-cosmetic-makeover-options-for-front-teeth--597.aspx

Free Dental Consultation