I have a bridge on my left front tooth and back three teeth. my right front has a root canal and crown. this was all done years ago but i have been having pain in my gums in front and on the roof right behind them. i don't have nerves in the teeth and the bridge and it hurts if i squeeze the teeth. it almost feels like a pinching between the bridge and other front tooth. what could be causing this pain?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - February - 2011, at 20:13 PM

• It looks like you have problem in the gums in the area of the teeth which are bridged as you have written that you have pain in gums. This is a common problem with the gums of the front teeth. This can happen because of poor oral hygiene. Sometimes when we donot get the cleaning done regularly. As with the bridges, you have to be very careful and take extra care of the gums. You should visit your dentist, who after doing clinical exam and xray, will decide the extent of problem and do the treatment accordingly. He may recommend simple or deep scaling with root planning SCRP. Till then you can do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day and can massage your gums with some good gum paint which is available OTC. For more info on problems after crown and bridges you can read this article....  www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-crown-placement-272.aspx

Free Dental Consultation