Hi there, I have a question. Lately I have had a strange sensation, particularly after eating food. When I touch my two front teeth with my tong, lips or fingers I feel a 'clicking/popping' under my gums. I checked, my front teeth do not move. My dentist, about 5 months ago, said all was fine. Now; I have a physiological habit of putting a finger in my mouth which puts forward pressure on my front upper teeth but I'm not sure if this is causing it as I have had this habit since childhood. My questions is; what could cause my clicking/popping feeling? I've seen many posts when searching on google but unfortunately no Dentist answer. I saw a dentist about 5 months ago because my gums have signs of recession. The doctor informs me its probably due to hard brushing in the past and my teeth are fine and besides flossing, I am taking good care of them and no signs of being loose. I now floss almost daily. regards Sven

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 13 - March - 2011, at 19:57 PM

• If you donot have any gum problem like no bleeding or pain in gums and there is no decay in the teeth then you donot have to worry. All the teeth are suspended in the socket with the help of periodontal ligaments so they have natural mobility which is not a disease. So in your case also the clicking/popping that you feel is normal. Just maintain very good oral hygiene with proper brushing and flossing and keep visiting your dentist every six months. For more info on good oral hygiene you can read this article.... www.identalhub.com/dental-clean-your-teeth-correctly-521.aspx

Free Dental Consultation