Dear Sir/Madam I am 35yrs old. My lower jaw 2nd tooth is slightly mobile (1mm). Also may be slightly decayed? – the colour changed to slightly grey. But no pain at all. Zero pain (may not be decayed. Colour change to grey may be due to since it is a baby tooth and got loose and may fall in the near future). I saw a Dentist and after x-ray, Dentist said. It is your baby tooth and there is no tooth underneath. [12 years ago there was a 2mm gap between this 2nd lower jaw tooth and 3rd tooth. The gap was filled with white composite. This filling came out recently about 6 months ago and now 2nd tooth has become mobile]. Questions 1. If I take out this 2nd baby tooth, do I get a new tooth for underneath at this age? 2. If I wish to leave the tooth as it is until it falls naturally. Is it ok to do. Any possible problems? 3. I am just thinking of filling that 2 mm gap between 2nd and 3rd tooth again with white composite and keep this mobile tooth (which may become less mobile after filling gap?) for some time. Is that OK to do? Any problems with that - Infection or decay of other tooth etc. Thanks for your time and help Swapna

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - July - 2010, at 19:58 PM

• If according to X-ray no tooth is there beneath this tooth then it will not come out. You have two options either get this removed and go for the implant or the fixed bridge or leave it till it becomes very loose or comes out itsself. For more info on dental implants you can visit the following link on our  website.....http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-are-dental-implants-173.aspx

Free Dental Consultation