There was a small gap (3 mm) between my second and third lower jaw teeth at 22 years and it was filled with white composite. This composite dropped off at the age of 33 years. One year passed without any filling. Slowly the side portion of my second tooth (next to gap) got dark coloured (decay?). And for the past two weeks this second tooth got slightly loose. Surprisingly No pain at all (Zero Pain). Is composite filling a possibility again for this slightly loose tooth. Or root canal or Crown/Bridge. In case if removal of tooth is needed what options I have after the removal. Does composite filling works for slightly loose tooth. If I shake the tooth it moves be one millimetre either side. Thanks for your advice

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - June - 2010, at 18:18 PM

• First of all you have to get it diagnosed why the mobility is there. If it is because of decay and infection then root canal treatment followed by crown will solve the problem of mobility and also the gap. If it is due to the bone loss then flap surgery with bone grafting can solve the problem of mobility and after the tooth is stable you can go for composite. But if you are going to loose the tooth then you can go for fixed bridge or the implant.For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link on our website.....

Free Dental Consultation