Hi im 14 and i wear a upper retainer and a lower retainer. Last week my lower retainer broke and i had to get a new one and this week the same thing just happend to my upper. I put them in the case my dentist gave me and when i get it out at night to sleep in they are broken? Im not sure how this is happening and I know my mom is mad at me because they keep breaking but im not sure how its breaking. And my orthodontist isn't really believing me when I tell him that i open the case and theyre broken. Any suggestions

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - May - 2010, at 19:45 PM

• Orthodontic retainers cannot break itself. Either you are not putting them properly or the case in which are putting them is smaller for them. Retainers are made of same material as the dentures, so they have enough strength to bear the forces. If you are having problems with removables retainers, then you can have fixed retainers or you can be careful with your removable retainers. For more info on retainers you can read the following article from our website..  www.identalhub.com/article_problems-encountered-with-retainers-203.aspx

Free Dental Consultation