my teeth are to short & I have a horrible smile. Can they be made a little longer??

Leave Comment


  • dr ritz

    dr ritz 23 - September - 2011, at 01:01 AM

  • Tammie, If the denture teeth are short, then you may need to get your denture replaced. Denture teeth are not exact copy of the natural teeth and you might find them a bit short. You can refer to your dentist for this. If it is a partial or complete denture, you may have to go for denture replacement for it.

  • Tammie Thomas

    Tammie Thomas 22 - September - 2011, at 06:56 AM

  • Thank you..I reread my question & realized, I didnt mention that my teeth are dentures, & they are to short. Can something be done about that??

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 22 - September - 2011, at 04:06 AM

  • Yes, you can get your shorter teeth corrected by cosmetic procedures. For smile makeover and for short teeth, you can opt for cosmetic procedures like tooth bonding, lumineers, veneers or crowns. If they are slightly small, then you can opt for tooth bonding for them. In case of tooth bonding, composite material is used which is tooth colored, esthetic filling material.  Veneers can also be given to make teeth few millimeters long. Veneers are of 2 types, porcelain or ceramic and composite veneers. Veneers are bonded to the front portion of the tooth. Dental crowns can also be used for smile makeover of the patient. Porcelain or metal fused to porcelain crowns can be given to the patient. Apart from that, crown lengthening procedure can also be done to correct the short teeth. You can discuss these options with your dentist. For more info on cosmetic dentistry, you can refer to the following article….

Free Dental Consultation