I am 70 year old. Lower left back tooth has big cavity where food particles normally accumulate and difficult to clean, which causes infection.Upper last but one was tried to be extracted, but interior half portion could not be extracted about 10 years back and continuing like that.Three more teeth have fallen off.I am not in favour of extracting tooth. I would kike to know what preventive method can be adopted preferably by naturopathy so that I can retain the existing teeh as long as possible. Regards. Tapan Kumar Kes

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - September - 2011, at 11:03 AM

• Normally if the tooth is decayed and cannot be restored or treated either with root canal treatment or with restoration then it should be pulled out as it is focus of infection in the mouth. if can get infected anytime which can cause pain and swelling and discomfort. Moresoever if repeated infection is there then the bone loss is there and afterwards getting a denture becomes difficult. But if you donot want to get the decayed tooth pulled out then try to maintain good oral hygiene by brushing after every meal as the food lodgement usually causes the pain. If the teeth are restorable or can be root canal treated then go for that to save the tooth. So schedule an appointment with your dentist and get yourself examined. For more info on oral hygiene you can read this article.. http://www.identalhub.com/dental-clean-your-teeth-correctly-521.aspx

Free Dental Consultation