What would be the best treatment for a front top tooth that is fractured a little above the gum line? I was x-rayed by my dentist who forwarded my xrays to an endodontist. The endodontist performed a root canal in hopes to save the tooth. After the first part of the procedure my tooth didnt hurt anymore. Once the second part of the root canal was performed and cement was inserted into my tooth, the endodontist took another xray and said "Crap, your tooth is fractured! You're going to have problems." Apparently the cement went through my fracture. My tooth now hurts more than ever and my regular dentist thinks the tooth is no longer savable. My question is: should a root canal have been performed and if so, was cement a norm of this procedure? Thank you for your time.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - August - 2011, at 03:29 AM

• Root fractures are difficult to diagnose that’s why your dentist must have performed the root canal treatment. Cements are used in the root canal procedure for obturation. They are used as filling materials. You can get your tooth extracted and get the missing tooth replaced with implants. If you find implants very expensive, you can go for fixed partial dentures. For more info on dental implants, refer to the following article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-are-dental-implants-173.aspx

Free Dental Consultation