Hi, I am 29 years old. I had one of my front toothed root canaled and then while placing the cap it broke. So, i had a artificial one placed with a screw. But now my teeth are spacing out. Dont know what to do. Went to a couple of dentist, but not satisfied with their inputs. Wanted an opinion. I am bit confused if i can have braces as i have an artificial tooth. HOw would i get my teeth gap free.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - January - 2012, at 02:58 AM

• After root canal treatment, tooth becomes brittle and can fracture. If tooth fractures after root canal treatment and can’t be saved, then it can be extracted and replaced with dental implants. Dental implants are placed in the bone and abutment and dental crown is attached on it. Braces are not advised after dental implants as it can lead to failure of implants because of pressure on implanted tooth. You can discuss with your orthodontist if you can get dental braces without exerting much pressure on implanted tooth to correct spaced teeth. Duration of dental braces treatment will be 18-24 months. After braces, retainers will be given to you to prevent relapse. Exact thing can be told only after clinical examination of the case.    For more info on braces you can read from this link......   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-frequently-asked-questions-for-dental-braces-627.aspx

Free Dental Consultation