Hello! I am 19 years old and I have lost maybe three of my baby teeth within my lifetime. I was wondering why this is. My mother would take my teeth and put them away. She explained to me that when she put them away, the next morning they would be broken into a few pieces. Also, I had braces a while back and some of my adult teeth (happened twice) grew behind my baby teeth. Why is this? Thank you.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - May - 2011, at 20:42 PM

• Normally the baby teeth fall out when the permanent teeth come out. In case of daughter, if 1/3 of new teeth are already out and the old teeth have not fallen out then you should take your daughter to dentist and get them pulled out. In case you wait for more time then the alignment of new teeth can go bad and can create problem.

• janti

janti 31 - May - 2011, at 18:25 PM

• My daughter is six years old and her permanent front teeth (2) are coming out but her baby fronth teeth are still in place. Should I take her to a dentist to pull her baby teeth out? They are slightly wobbly. Thank you.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - May - 2011, at 11:03 AM

• The baby teeth are being replaced by the adult teeth from the age of 6 years and by the age of 12 years all the baby teeth are replaced by the adult teeth. It is a common problem that the adult teeth grow at the back of the baby teeth. In such cases the baby teeth are called the retained teeth. The treatment for this is that the baby teeth should be pulled out. Otherwise the adult teeth will not come into proper occlusion.For more info o dentition you can visit the following link,,,,www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dentition-64.aspx

Free Dental Consultation