my 3yr old chipped his tooth and s few days later complaind of pain and its turning gray. we took him to the dentist they said he needs a root canal. question is why that procedure for a baby tooth?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Jo Jo

Jo Jo 16 - March - 2012, at 03:13 AM

• My daughter has had numerous problems with her baby teeth after a bad fall when she was 2 years old. The dentist said that she put the nerve to sleep (I am assuming she did a root canal). It has been about 2 months since this procedure and the tooth is turning light grey in colour. Should I be concerned. She went for her 6 month check up last week and the Dentist did not say anything about it.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - June - 2010, at 19:54 PM

• As your child is having pain and tooth is turning grey that means that the tooth is infected. He is just 3 years old and this tooth will shed approx. at the age of 7 years. If the infection is not removed then this infection can have bad effect on the tooth bud of the permenent tooth which is very near to the root of the front tooth. So we have two options either to remove this tooth which is not advisable or to go for root canal treatment, which will take care of the infection. For more info on baby teeth you can visit the following link on our website....http://www.identalhub.com/article_importance-of-children-teeth-49.aspxwww.identalhub.com/article_importance-of-children-teeth-49.aspx

Free Dental Consultation